Meal Prep Guide
Meal prep will never take over your Sunday again! Here are some simple ideas for a fast and easy meal prep.
Do's & Dont's of Meal Prep
- DO try to do as much "hands-free" cooking as possible - the oven, crockpot, and rice cooker are your friends.
- DO feel free to add seasoning and spice to your food. Eating healthy gets way more interesting when you find some great seasonings. See our recommendations below.
- DO have some food on hand that requires no preparation, such as bags of mixed salad greens or plantain chips (see bottom of page for more ideas). These can be great to supplement your meal prep for when you're on the go or if you run out of prepped food.
- DON'T spend hours on meal prep (unless you have the time and love to cook)! Habits have a better chance of sticking around if they're easy, so we want to make meal prep as hassle-free as possible. Aim for 90 minutes or less.
- DON'T get too fancy with recipes, otherwise you'll be in the kitchen all day. Keep it super simple - we like 3-step recipes with 1-3 ingredients, like our recipes below.
Click below for meal prep ideas for protein, starches, and veggies.
When there's no time to prep, but you've got #goals. Good things to have on hand when you're in a hurry!
Note: Starred items are those that might be reactive for some people - make sure you know that food doesn't bug you before adding to your kitchen!
Need meal ideas? Check out what our clients are eating!
The magic formula for eating out is protein + veggies + safe starch. You don't need to worry too much about adding fat, since most things are cooked in fat and oils.
Fast food: Chipotle, BBBop, Mexican restaurants (order fajitas and avoid the tortillas and sour cream)
Fancy restaurants: Steakhouses will be one of the easiest places to eat clean, as the entree typically consists of meat + veggies + rice/potatoes.
Have a recipe the world needs to know about?!
Tag @adaptive.nutrition in your food photo on Instagram, or send it to us using the form below. We're looking for recipes that are super simple and delicious, so everyone's meal prep can be tastier!